Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager | Based in Athens
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our IT Project Management team based in our Velti office in Athens. We are looking for a positive, eager to learn individual, able to lead and manage projects. In this role, you should enjoy working in a team environment, cope well with pressure, and have a genuine enthusiasm for IT and the future of mobile technology services. The successful candidate will work closely with engineering teams, account managers, clients, and service operations to launch high profiled mobile campaigns around the world.
- Work closely with external and internal stakeholders in project initiation phase to define scope, schedule, cost and budget
- Work closely with Engineering team to develop feasibility study and technical design assessment, as well as to define project development activities and allocate resources
- Develop and maintain key project documents, such as Project Charter, Business Requirements Specifications, Project Plan and Risks/Issues Log
- Control scope, schedule costs, and quality of deliverables during project execution
- Hand over the service to the Operations team for in-live support
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the program once live; recommend optimization activities
- Handle the project communication to all internal and external stakeholders
- Regularly report internally to Project Management Office and externally to the client about the project status, issues and risks, providing impact assessment and mitigation plans
- Demonstrate flexibility, positive thinking, problem-solving attitude and an appetite for numerous projects of varied shape and size
- Promote a healthy working environment by leading projects’ teams by example
- Manage customer technical and delivery requirements to deliver a successful product or service through a direct interface with international customers and sub-contractors on technical subjects.
The ideal candidate will have
- A BSc or similar computer/engineering degree is also required. A Master’s degree is appreciated.
- Knowledge of mobile interactive services, mobile value-added or premium rate services, mobile content management and presentation, m-commerce, online or similar would be considered a plus.
- Strong understanding of the mobile marketing ecosystem
- Practical experience on projects at telecommunication sector is a plus
- Good technical background at software engineering processes. Having worked in a Software engineering or Technical Architect role is a strong plus
- Experience in track record of coordinating the delivery of multiple complex projects
- Experience in managing projects & working directly with technical & commercial teams with a proven track record
- Familiarity with PMI or Prince 2 and Agile software development methods
- Any PMP Certification will be taken into consideration.
- Excellent communication & problem-solving skills, time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage a heavy workload, you should be able to demonstrate your ability to analyze performance and report on financial and performance indicators.
- A Private Health Insurance plan
- Clear reporting lines, allowing the fast process in a friendly working environment
- Work from home policy
- Excellent career opportunities and chance to grow
- Respect of work-life balance
* All information received will be treated with strict confidentiality.