QA Engineer | Based in Athens
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and detail oriented Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer to join our QA team located in Athens. The successful candidate will be reporting to Head of QA and will be responsible for the quality assurance of software development and deployment with emphasis on development and implementation of test automation.
- Design and implement Test Automation Frameworks for UI, Functional and REST API testing
- Build and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation
- Create detailed and well-structured test scenarios and test cases
- Estimate, plan and prioritize testing activities
- Mentor QA team members on automation
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential project risks
- Create test reports, propose recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential areas of improvement in the Quality Assurance department
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Strong background in, and at least 2+ years of working in Test Automation (UI/API)
- Good knowledge of automation framework tools (Selenium/ Cucumber)
- Solid knowledge of basic principles of Software Quality Assurance
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with test scenarios creation, functional testing techniques
- A firm command of both the Greek and English language (oral and written).
- Proficient working with relational databases such as MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Basic Java programming knowledge (or other OOP language) and familiarization with IDEs ( Eclipse)
- Experience using source control systems (Git), test management systems (Test Link) and defect tracking systems (JIRA)
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Effective organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Creativity and exploratory behavior
- Attention to detail and ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
* All information received will be treated with strict confidentiality.